Find the relevant section below in the pseudo-FAQ/contact page below. In general, you can contact us on twitter @spawningtool or via email at email@example.com
I found a bug or have a feature request or can't figure out how to do something!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or tweet at @spawningtool. Hopefully we can square that up as soon as possible.
I want to contribute to Spawning Pool!
Awesome! Spawning Tool is intended to be a tool for the community, so I hope you find it useful. If you're interested in joining the team to contribute something more to the community, we're looking for:
- writers to do replay writeups for our Featured Replay of the Week. It's a relatively low stress way to get into eSports writing and get your content out there with the opportunity to grow more around that
- high level players to help us define build orders. Most of our automated build order labeling in replays comes from hand crafted rules, and we need help defining what those should be.
In general, however, the site is entirely driven by community submissions, so you can help out just by using the site, such as:
- Create build orders and publish them for the community to learn from.
- Suggest links to VODs for replays in the system if you happen to watch those. Even better, if you happen to be a caster and want to cast a game yourself, that would be great, too!
- Upload professional replay packs or bug us to upload them! More replays is more data, which means better analysis
- Play around with the Matchup and Research Tool and share your results however you do in the StarCraft community.
If you have technical skills, there are a few levels you can help at:
- If you're interested in the nitty-gritty of 1s and 0s and basic replay data structures, check out sc2reader, an open source project that is at the heart of Spawning Tool.
- If you're interested in playing around with the build order data and commands and such, check out spawningtool, the open source project that extracts some details out of sc2reader. There are definitely issues to address there.
- If you're interested in helping out with the website itself, contact us at email@example.com
I have a project that needs a lot of StarCraft data. Can I get access to that?
Definitely! Just contact us via email, and we can figure out how we can send over the data in a usable format for you. We can't give server or direct database access, but we can generate dumps or provide replays
Do I have to pay anything to use the Spawning Tool?
Currently: nope. Feel free to upload replays and poke around with the data however you like. If you're a tournament organizer and want to include the data in your casts, go for it. Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if there's anything we can do to help out.