This build order is really easy to execute. He is designed for beginner or new player who want a solid build order to improve and to reach a good level. The goal is to do an early pressure and to go on a stalkers / Colossi army. This build can be done against Zerg, Terran or Protoss with almost no variation from Bronze to Master (I've done this build in a Bronze to Master serie and i already shared it in French. You can find it here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3ZcjfmIpZ0&list=PL7fQH898xunJcUWLwhrljswpXnD0EJi3H . The build is really effective and he already helped many Protoss to go to diamond or Master.
Why i did this build order ?
Few tips :
This build is designed to be good in defense and in attack. You can use it without adaptation until mid-diamond. In mid-diamond you should do some small adaptations like switching to zealots / archon when you reach the critical number of stalkers and colossi.
On Jan. 13, 2019, 2:33 p.m., PashkaTLT said:
After playing a lot of games with this build order (and I love it!) I feel like although the observer is built pretty early, often it's still not early enough, especially considering it can be delayed when the game doesn't go as planned. So I modified the build order a little bit, to build a sentry after 4 stalkers and send a hallucination around 4:05 - 4:10 and I find the earlier hallucination scout very useful!
On Jan. 11, 2019, 3:06 a.m., zuka said:
I did the change ;)
On Jan. 10, 2019, 6:27 p.m., PashkaTLT said:
Can you please update the title of your build order to include stalker/colossi, because it can be difficult to find your build order if someone decides to search by "stalker" or "colos".
On Dec. 14, 2018, 2:55 a.m., zuka said:
- Against oracle push, you should be able to scout them : like with your first obs.
On Dec. 14, 2018, 2:55 a.m., zuka said:
Well, about the third their is some points to know :
- If the opponent did a push and failed it: You can expand
- If you see as fast third from a terran or a protoss: You can expand
- If you don't find the third from a Zerg : Don't take it
- Against a Protoss: Try to count buildings like robo/sg/gates: If you see less than 4 in total of them : You can totally expand, if their is a gate explosion (like +4 gates), you should expect an all-in
- Against a mech playstyle (terran), you can totally take it fast because he can't really attack you
- If you delay your third, it's not a big problem if you didn't cut the probe production : You will have 26 or 28 probes on your 2nd base => Transfer them and it will be good :D
You know that your are safe if, by watching is army you feel confident about killing it 1min later. If you are like "wow, their is to much": Add gateways and shield batteries.
On Dec. 9, 2018, 12:48 p.m., PashkaTLT said:
I also like the build has early 3rd base. I still can't get used to build 3rd nexus so early, it's scary for me. But I try to make myself do it, and it often turns out to be a right idea.
Thank you very much zuka for this build order and for the series.
A couple of questions though:
1) Can you please help me feel more confident with building the 3rd base so early. How do you know if it's safe or not safe? Often I delay it for about a minute, because I'm scared.. :)
2) Against protoss I often get punished by 2 fast oracles that I couldn't scout (either proxy or closed ramp). I build battery in my minerals, but it's not enough against 2 oracles. Any advice?
On Dec. 9, 2018, 12:43 p.m., PashkaTLT said:
Excellent build order! I used to be a weak plat player and after a few days playing this build order I feel confident in plat.
It has many benefits:
- it's safe and aggressive at the same time (I always attack with my first 2-4 units and sometimes it's an instant win or I cripple my opponent's build order and economy)
- it has early observer and scouting is essential in Starcraft
- colossi are very powerful, game winning units, very easy to control
- stalker/colossi composition is really great
- it's macro oriented and macro is essential in Starcraft as well
- it really works against all races, but the more you progress the more you will see how it can be tweaked against different races. For example, against Protoss I often make 2 immortals before I start doing colossi, and also I often open with 2 adepts against protoss to try to kill probes early.
- I really like that simple rule: much minerals - built gateways. Also, much gas - build archons.
On Aug. 12, 2018, 11:56 a.m., 0101sc2 said:
Thank you very much for answering. I'll try with the adepts. :)
On Aug. 12, 2018, 10:57 a.m., zuka said:
You can totally open with 2 adepts first. It' pretty powerful and if you are good with the shade, you can kill many drones. But it require more micro.
On Aug. 11, 2018, 12:22 p.m., 0101sc2 said:
When I played this build against zerg, the zerglings surrounded my stalkers in the beginning. What adaptations should I make? If I make zealots, will this change the build too much?
On June 22, 2018, 4:16 a.m., zuka said:
Woops sorry :D Total mistake from me :D
I though that this comment was on the other replay.
Well with this build order you are able to hold a mana build. Simply because you open with a fast robo and fast immortal. But you need to scout it.
When i explain the build order, i explain the "basic things" but there is some adaptation that you can do. For example, holding a 12 pool require tu chronoboost a zealot before the 2 stalkers. Holding some cannon rush require using probes.
Against a Mana build (3G warp), you can hold by only chronoboost immortal, adding battery shield a little earlier. I lost recently against this kind of opening (my PvX build so a 4 stalkers, expand robo) using the mana build. It wasn't even close : When i came, he had 2 battery shields and 2 Immortals.
On June 22, 2018, 2:59 a.m., Stormsurger said:
I think you're thinking of the fake stargate into DT rush opening you posted recently :D Or am I misunderstanding? This is the macro style beginner build from a while ago.
On June 22, 2018, 2:37 a.m., zuka said:
To be honest, this kind of build is a total counter to DT opening so it's a lose most of the time.
I already play against a similar things and won. my first DT forced a recall then i had time to do my zealot charge and i was able to win by focusing warp prism with stalkers.
The best build to counter this is proxy robo or robo all-in without expand.
On June 21, 2018, 6:13 p.m., Stormsurger said:
Have you played against Mana's 3 Gate 1 Robo with this build? How did it fare? What would you do against it?